23,000 ACRES THIS MONTH...
23,000 ACRES THIS MONTH...
SAVING CALIFORNIA’S PRECIOUS WILDLIFE HABITAT, ACRE BY ACRE—MAY 2007
NOTICE OF MEETING
WILDLIFE CONSERVATION BOARD
State Of California Department of Fish & Game
May 24, 2007
State Capitol, Room 113
TO SEE AGENDA: http://www.wcb.ca.gov/pdf/Agenda/May2007PrelimAgenda.pdf
MAPS OF ALL PURCHASES: https://goo.gl/photos/68fKg9YfPTkggupj7
*7. Wilson Creek Riparian Corridor, Expansions 4 and 5, $10,000.00 Riverside County acquisition of two separate properties totaling 354+ acres for the protection of threatened and endangered species including the San Diego horned lizard, orange-throated whiptail, coastal western whiptail, and the coast patch-nosed snake and to establish a wildlife movement corridor located east of Temecula, south of Hemet near State Highways 79 and 371
*8. San Jacinto Wildlife Area, Expansion 29, Riverside County $211,000.00 acquisition of 16+ acres of land, as an addition to the San Jacinto Wildlife Area
*10. La Sierra Canyon, Malibu Creek Watershed, Los Angeles County $5,000.00 acquisition of 30+ acres of vacant land
11. Elkhorn Slough Ecological Reserve, Expansion 12, $550,000.00 Monterey County acquisition of 42+ acres of land as an addition to the Elkhorn Slough Ecological Reserve
*12. Elkhorn Slough Ecological Reserve, Expansion 13, $325,000.00 Monterey County acquisition of 7+ acres of privately-owned land as an addition to the Elkhorn Slough Ecological Reserve. WITHDRAWN FROM AGENDA
21. Santa Ana – Palomar Mountain Linkage $1,580,000.00 (Department of Defense – Margarita Peak), San Diego County To consider the allocation for a grant to The Trust for Public Land for a cooperative project with the Department of Defense, the Fallbrook Land Conservancy, and the Department of Fish and Game to assist with the acquisition of 1,206+ acres of land to protect significant open space corridors and provide connectivity to the Cleveland National Forest,
22. Santa Rosa Mountains, Expansion 8, Riverside County $756,000.00 To consider the acquisition of 100+ acres of land as an expansion of the Santa Rosa Mountains and the acceptance of two grants from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service totaling $924,000.00 to be applied toward the purchase of the property for the protection of critical habitat for peninsular bighorn sheep located south of Avenue 62 and west of Jefferson Street, in the city of La Quinta,
24. Parker Ranch, Kern County $1,515,000.00 To consider the allocation for a grant to The Nature Conservancy to assist in the acquisition of a conservation easement over 9,576± acres of land for the protection of rangeland, grazing land, and grasslands, located near Caliente, in the County of Kern.
26. San Antonio Valley, Santa Clara County $4,730,000.00 To consider the acquisition of a 2,899± acre real property for the protection of sensitive plant and animal species and valuable habitat linkages to adjacent public lands, located approximately 20 miles east of San Jose and 25 miles south of Livermore, in Santa Clara County.
29. Putah Creek North (Bobcat Ranch), Yolo County $6,360,000.00 To consider the allocation for a grant to Audubon California to assist in the acquisition of 6,810± acres of vacant land, together with the acceptance of a conservation easement over the property by Department of Fish and Game, for the protection of native grasslands, oak woodlands, and riparian habitat located north of State Highway 128, approximately three miles west of Winters, in Napa and Yolo Counties.
30. Martis Valley, Nevada and Placer Counties $6,510,000.00 To consider the allocation for a grant to the Truckee Donner Land Trust to assist in a cooperative project with The Trust for Public Land for the acquisition of 1,481± acres of vacant land for the protection of a critical deer migration corridor, mountain lion and wetland habitats, and to provide recreational opportunities for the public located approximately one-half mile east of the Truckee-Tahoe Airport, in Martis Valley, in Nevada and Placer Counties.
31. Eel River Wildlife Area (Salt River Unit), Humboldt County $920,000.00 To consider the allocation for a grant to the Western Rivers Conservancy and the acceptance of a National Coastal Wetlands Conservation Grant in the amount of $1,000,000.00 from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service together with the authorization to enter into an Agreement to Subgrant those federal funds to the Conservancy, in a cooperative project with the State Coastal Conservancy to assist in the acquisition of a 443+ acre real property for the protection of wildlife habitat and coastal wetlands located northwest of the community of Ferndale along the Salt River, adjacent to the Eel River, in Humboldt County.
33. Humboldt Bay Coastal Reserve, Humboldt County $175,000.00 To consider the allocation for a grant to the Friends of the Dunes Land Trust in a cooperative project with the State Coastal Conservancy, Humboldt County, and the Pacific Coast Joint Venture, to assist in the acquisition of 38+ acres of land for the protection and preservation of beach, dune, wetland, and remnant maritime forest habitat on the north spit of Humboldt Bay, about three miles southwest of Arcata and four miles northwest of Eureka,
FOR WCB AGENDAS FROM YEAR 2000 TO 2007: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IUsFidVaPSgWGMlIYyhpSHInSNjyWVs2
FOR MAPS OF PURCHASES:
Post a Comment